In honor of Valentine’s Day, we have put together a few quotes about love and marriage. Enjoy and tell your spouse you love him or her today!
- “Being the ‘best you can be’ is really only possible when you are deeply connected to another.” – Sue Johnson
- “Loving ourselves through the process of owning our own story is the bravest thing we’ll ever do.” – Brené Brown
- “People who stay married live four years longer than those who don’t.” – John Gottman
- “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really hard. We’re gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day…” – The Notebook
- “You know you love someone when you cannot put into words how they make you feel.” – Margaret Mead
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
- “Couples who make relationships work well adopt the motto, “If you’re hurting baby, the world stops, and I listen. I’m with you.” – John Gottman
- “Excitement and fire are not qualities inherent to relationships. They are what happen when two people make marriage the number one priority.” – Michele Weiner-Davis
- “Love is a constant process of tuning in connecting missing and misreading cues disconnecting repairing and finding deeper connection.” – Sue Johnson
- “Love is not something we give or get; it is something that we nurture and grow, a connection that can only be cultivated between two people when it exists within each one of them – we can only love others as much as we love ourselves.” – Brene Brown
What are some of your favorite quotes about love and marriage? We would love to hear them!